These Roasted Pistachios are delicious and packed with protein, fiber and vitamins. What a gourmet treat! You won't have to worry about the shells because there aren't any on these California pistachios. Great for baking, salads, or just exciting to snack on.
- A one-ounce serving of pistachios equals 49 nuts — more nuts per serving than any other nut and contains more than 10% of the Daily Value for dietary fiber, vitamin B-6, thiamin, phosphorus and copper.
- You can get more dietary fiber from a serving of pistachios than a 1/2 cup of broccoli or spinach.
- Pistachios are especially rich in phytosterols, which are directly associated with lowering cholesterol levels, and may offer protection from certain types of cancer.
- A serving of pistachios has as much thiamin as a 1/2 cup serving of cooked rice.
- The amount of vitamin B-6 in a one-ounce serving of pistachios is comparable to a standard three-ounce serving of pork or chicken.
- One serving of pistachios has as much potassium as half a large banana.